"Live" Air-Valve Replacement
Forcemain & Pump-station Leak Consulting & Locating
* Turnkey Leak Evaluation
* Leak Repair
* Pump Station Bypass / Valve Replacements & Emergency Pipeline Management
* 37+ Years in Leak Resolutions
* Offices East & West Coasts
Contact Leakdog.com today or SewageSpill.com Tomorrow!
The Dutch Finger is installed onto the defective valve in a fluid tight arrangement. The defective valve is opened to allow the manual insertion of the plugging finger into the pipeline opening, to a predetermined position. Manual operation of the tool contracts the finger to plug the opening and enlarges the finger inside the pipe, restraining it from movement. The defective valve, nipple and Dutch finger housing can be removed by lifting it up and over the tool. The new Air-valve, nipple and Dutch finger is set over the tool and is installed onto the pipeline. The Dutch finger is relaxed and pulled into the pressure tight housing and the new Air-valve is closed completing the process.
Exclusive Dutch Finger by InternationalFlow™ allows:
* Air-Valve Replacements under pressure without a shut down of system.
* Branch Valve replacements without a shut down of system.
* Branch tapping saddle replacements without a shutdown of main line.
* Services include replacements of valves, Hottaps, Linestops, InsertingValves, PipeFreezing and turn-key Bypassing.
* Projects include replacements on Sewage force-mains, water systems, chemical lines, heating systems, and cooling systems.
* Trained to sniff out problems with the backing to fix them.
* Call us today for an evaluation! 1-800-221-3332
Leak Detection Experts Worldwide.
The pipeline lays under salmon bearing streams and bogs so positive testing was very important to the owner. A highly accurate meter was used to test any drop of pressure in the system between the Pipefreezes. No damage was reported by the PipeFreeze process.
One PipeFreeze was performed on each side of every creek or stream crossed. With the Hot tap test location between the freezes a pressure drop could be watched carefully.
* Turnkey Leak Evaluation * Leak Repair * Pump Station Bypass / Valve Replacements & Emergency Pipeline Management
Pipe Testing Video
Video of a recent job locating a leak.
What is Pipe Testing?
International Flow Technologies Pipe Testing Freeze Plug Services continue to find pinhole leaks in many miles of pipelines. We truly find that needle in the haystack.
Pipe Freeze services use liquid nitrogen to form solid ice plugs to isolate sections of pipelines so hydrostatic testing can be performed on independent sections of pipe.
Multiple Freeze points can be performed and maintained by International Flow Technologies’ technicians. Service locations are situated around the United States for quick, local response.
By regulation and upon owners’ request, all pipelines in America require continued pressure testing. Because of corrosion and wear, it is important to have an ongoing plan to continue testing pipeline integrity. For pipelines that have many miles between valves, or a leak exists but you cannot find it, Pipe Freezing is the solution.
Pipe Freezing is performed by using liquid nitrogen to freeze the water inside the pipeline. Prior to freezing, the pressure can be brought up to your required test pressure. Water is then introduced into the piping system so it can be frozen. System pressures during the PipeFreeze process commonly exceed 1000 psi.
Pressure gauges are used between the Pipe Freezes and outside of the freeze locations to test three separate sections of pipe for pressure loss. The section that drops pressure gives the direction for the next set of freezes. IFT has located very small leaks in many miles of pipelines, in short time frames.